An open letter to women who 'hate' feminism...


Women who purport or even proudly report that they hate feminism and feminists break my heart. Firstly this hatred of women is the epitome of patriarchal society. And furthermore it is nothing but self-sabotage and heart breaking that you evidently perceive yourself to be lesser than your male counterparts.

I felt obliged to write this brief post because of a response I received on my instagram account where I ceaselessly post things of a feminist nature. Yes, I am “always going on about it” because I have a voice and I am using it not solely for myself but for all those whose voices will not be heard. Perhaps I neglect to remind myself to be appreciative of having grown up with a Mother who is a feminist.

Feminism shouldn’t matter when it only applies to you or when you need it in a particular incident, it is always required and for everyone.



P.S- You have to take charge of your own knowledge, you have to seek out information about feminism and women’s rights, because it won’t be handed to you… patriarchal society doesn’t want you to be informed… after all, knowledge is power.

Comments